Tuesday 9 August 2011

Strength and Performance Session 6

Back to the Monday session today. I don't know why, but I wasn't really feeling up for the session. (maybe because I was chilled out after just treating someone...) however, I got down to it and spend a decent amount of timt warming up, making sure that everything was thoroughly working before going into the training session.

Everything went up by a notch, pretty much, and I had a first instance of not finishing a set- pull ups with 2 chains, on the final set I managed 5 and 7/8ths.... which only counts as 5. I just couldnt get the chains to touch the bar... ah well. Failure this time means working harder next time and making it stick.

Romanian Deadlifts still feel mighty wierd, but the more I do them, the more natural they will become. It seems to be easier with a heavier weight. (but that only works to a point)!

The final part of the training was row-pulls with a sled. I managed 5 sets at 70kg, rowing down and running back with the sled, with 1 min rests- during which I jogged to the end of the building and back. I think that 80kg would have been a better weight, but as we are still very much in the beginning phase at the moment, a little less is better than completely and utterly destroying myself.
pulling the sled. it wasn't all that bad actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment